You are here
Natural Church Development
LCA SA/NT Director for Mission Dr Steen Olsen is an accredited Natural Church Development (NCD) Coach. Lutheran congregations in Australia and New Zealand can therefore contact Steen to do the NCD survey. The cost is $450 [it is $495 if you go directly through NCD.]
Contact Steen at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (08 8267 5211).
An overview of the NDC survey process:
Would you like to be able to focus your church's time, treasure and talent on the areas that will bring by far the greatest long-term healthy growth?
How does the NCD Survey help you?
- The survey results pinpoint in everyday terms where any action will be like water to dry ground.
- The team-based suite of result guides harness the energy for change of different kinds of people in your church.
- The process allows you to make the most important adjustments as church life continues on, starting after the very first result meeting.
- NCD focuses on progress and not position thereby making it unimportant where your church is starting from.
- Progress on the health of your church does not primarily require everyone to be on board from the start.
- The whole NCD process is directed at helping your church to experience God more fully.
- Thousands of churches in over 70 countries having experienced transformation through NCD over more than a decade gives you confidence that it is not a gimmick but genuinely works.
What's included in the survey package?
- The required survey forms and instructions.
- Processing of your survey forms by the LCA SA/NT District (normally within a week of receipt of your completed forms).
- A suite of step-by-step team-based result action guides.
- A telephone or Skype debrief with the LCA SA/NT District Director for Mission - or face to face where possible.
- As required followup support throughout the process.
- A bonus copy of the book 'Color Your World with Natural Church Development' with your first survey.
Who completes the survey?
As many people as possible (up to a maximum of 30) who:
- each have some form of regular task in the church
- each are involved in some form of small group in the church
- each attend your church's worship services
- collectively represent the various demographics of your church (e.g. age, gender, race, etc.)
What if we have multiple congregations?
- If your congregations have the same demographic, same leadership and same style, you can select your sample across the congregations.
- If your congregations are different, you should order a separate survey for each so that the results and subsequent affirmation and responsibility does not become 'blurred'.
- If finances are a challenge, select the congregation that is most ready to move forward and survey it as a pilot of the process. Once the benefits of the process can be seen, it will become much easier to justify the cost of surveying additional congregations (the annual survey costs the same or less than the average church's coffee budget with little health improvement required to recoup the costs through improved giving).
More information and other NCD resources can be found on the NCD website www.ncd-australia.org.au